Jayplas Recycling ERP System
This case study describes some of the elements of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system developed for Jayplas the United Kingdom’s largest plastic recycler.
Developed in c#, ASP.Net MVC, jQuery, SQL Server, previous core business processes used Excel to manage data/processes.
A system was build to manage and track multi sales orders spanning several months with plastics products sold or recycled and transported across multiple countries.
The system handles multi currencies and integrates into Sage 200 (accounting system); Invoices and credit notes were no longer manually created or entered into companies accounting system by hand, releasing staff to work on the core business.
Reports produce an instant snapshot of a system, the ERP reports can be produced in multiple formats excel, word, pdf and emailed to groups of users periodically. Some examples are,
- Products not sold and/or payments not fully received.
- Progress of products in transit
- Current stock and quality of products available or sale
- Photographs of stock available for sales order quotes.
- Current status of international shipping documentation